The principal objective of our Asset Integrity Management System is to prevent injury to people arising from the operation of pressure equipment and to meet or exceed the requirements of the applicable regulators. A secondary objective is to reduce the risk of property damage due to pressure equipment failure.
At Canadian Natural we ensure that asset integrity requirements are fulfilled at all stages of the pressure equipment lifecycle. To safely maintain one of the largest inventories of upstream process equipment in Canada and international operations, we are committed to completing risk-based evaluations and inspections and implementing appropriate mitigation strategies to protect people, the environment and the integrity of our assets.
Our infrastructure integrity programs are continuously enhanced, optimized and maintained in all our operations. Our operating procedures, technical specifications and policies are critical to ensure we deliver effective and efficient operations that are safe for our people and the environment.
Our Asset Integrity Management System is based on the principles found in the Corporate Statement on Asset Integrity Management - integral to the way in which Canadian Natural conducts its business.
Enhancing Steady Reliable Operations Through Vision Alignment
Our Asset Integrity team has a single overriding vision to ‘ensure the safe, compliant, reliable operation of all assets.” As a basis for all decision making, this clear vision provides a focus for team members that helps them understand their role within Canadian Natural. The following six key strategies help the team achieve this vision:
1. Structure and unite teams behind the assets they support.
2. Adopt a proactive, collaborative approach to Asset Integrity Management.
3. Promote a culture of full and open communication with other functional groups within the organization.
4. Commitment to develop our people and our internal and external networks.
5. Doing it right the first time.
6. Promote a culture that identifies integrity threats, works to understand those threats and puts mitigation plans in place.